I just discovered your site after a discussion on a Facebook thread about things that scared the bejeezus out of us when we were kids, and I thought I’d share some of mine.
1. The Cliffhanger on THE PRICE IS RIGHT. I wasn’t scared of the climber himself, but I was SO SCARED that he was going to fall off, and when he did, I’d bury my face in the couch cushions and scare bloody murder. I mean, this guy was FALLING TO HIS DEATH!!! It happens at 5:25 here:
2. The TIC TAC DOUGH dragon. This pixelated monster made me want to wet myself.
3. The flying monkeys from THE WIZARD OF OZ. I’m sure I’m not the only person who was terrified of them.
4. Artax dying in the Swamp of Sadness in THE NEVERENDING STORY. I watched this today and was close to tears.
5. The Nazis’ faces melting at the end of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. Sure, they deserved it, but I still couldn’t watch it.