It’s a Horror to Know You: Craftypants Carol of Craftypants Carol’s Fancy Crafty World!
1. What is the first film that ever scared you?
I did a Name That Trauma (HERE) about the very first thing on TV that scared the crap out of me. It was a Movie of the Week commercial for some movie with a dude with a tall, Jack the Ripper-esque hat who was walking through the cobble-stoned streets of some town and scared me so bad I started to cry hysterically. My trauma wasn’t “officially” named, but, as a result of all the great guesses, I watched I, MONSTER, which really has some major similarities with what I remembered – and is really good! After that, the movie that scared me beyond reason, that I know the name of, is ENCOUNTER WITH THE UNKNOWN. I included the creepy lady from that movie in a traumafession-style list (HERE) a while back.
2. What is the last film that scared you?
I’d have to say DEAD SILENCE. That lady is just too creepy for someone with a creepy lady phobia.
3. Name three Horror movies that you believe are underrated.
I’m not exactly sure which movies are underrated, mostly cause everyone seems to have their own opinion and I never really know if there is some debate going on about them in the greater horror community or what the deal is. But occasionally I read things that surprise me. So…
1. Dead Silence – I’m pretty sure this is a movie a lot of people think is lame, maybe cause of the really idiotic CGI at the end, but I think it has some majorly genuine creepiness throughout.
2. A Tale of Two Sisters – Again, I don’t know if this movie is underrated or not – but I don’t really see too many people talking about it. To me it is genuinely creepy.
3. Death Proof – I have this feeling that there may be some sort of, not necessarily anti, but not very pro, Quentin Tarrentino thing amongst some horror folk – but maybe I’m wrong. I don’t know. In any event – I have seen this movie at the very least 10 times – and love it more every time I see it. And I always yell “Deathproof Nacho!” during the nacho scene. It is entirely possible that the nacho scene is the reason I love this movie so much.
Honorable Mention: Bloodrage (1979) – I swear I’m gonna do a traumafession about this one soon. I swear!
4. Name three horror movies that you enjoy against your better judgment.
1. Nurse Sherri
2. The Legacy (1978)
3. Black Candles (1982) It’s not even remotely scary or very good – but I dig the softcore action and that the main chick’s name is Carol and they say it like 100 times throughout the movie.
There are also many 70s movies on youtube I could put in both these categories simultaneously.
5. Send us to five places on the Internet!