It’s a Horror to Know You: Adie Stone of Die On Set A
1. What is the first film that ever scared you?
Well, I first started watching horrors at a very young age and the first film that scared me was the first horror I ever watched ‘A Nightmare On Elm Street‘. What I remember it was mostly his face and how he could change the dreams to whatever he wished at pure will. Also the whole Tina in a body bag thing just creeped me out, even now if I see someone in a body bag moving around it makes my hairs stand on end.
2. What is the last film that scared you?
‘Cutting Moments‘, it’s a 5 part short horror movie movie lol. The first 4 parts are just plain silly and ridiculous but the 5th part, the actual ‘Cutting Moments’ of the group is the one, theres a statement on the front of the dvd by Tom Savini saying its the most disturbing film he had ever seen, and I agree completely. Without giving much away it’s about a standard family where the wife in said family isnt happy anymore so she attempts to make herself look better. The whole thing stuck in my head for months after, yet the most disturbing part was seeing that outside, the family’s child sat happily playing with his toys. (Also the moment in Scream 3 with the killer pretending to be Sidneys mother in a sheet/bag disturbed me.. See above, question 1.)
3. Name three horror movies you believe are underrated.
1. ‘In The Mouth Of Madness‘ (1994) Probably the best horror ever and most underrated.
2. ‘Cube‘ (1997) Such a simple but effective sci fi/horror.
3. ‘Bad Taste‘ (1987) Before ‘Lord of the Rings‘ and the dire ‘King Kong‘ remake there was ‘Bad Taste‘, Peter Jacksons first ever film, pure brilliance.
Honorable mention: ‘Faust: Love Of The Damned‘ (2000) Based on comic books and is simply fun.
4.Name three movies that you enjoy against your better judgement.
1. ‘Cold Hearts‘ (1999) A terrible vampire movie with the original Pink Power Ranger, I dont know why I like this movie, I just do.
2. ‘Valentine‘ (2001) Even though completely different from the book, its script was really intelligent but for some reason it just couldnt be pulled off on screen.
3. ‘Cloverfield‘ (2008) Pretty much everyone I speak to hates this movie. Yeah there is nothing to it really other than a giant monster but it just draws me in.
5. Send us to five places on the internet.
1. Die On Set A. Its my facebook horror blog, only with a few friends atm but I update about any new horror news as much as possible, I also have a deviantart and tumblr but I dont update them half as much as facebook.
2. Scary For Kids. I dont think its been updated for years but it had amazing online pranks, videos and stories.
3. The SCP Foundation. Probably the strangest site ever compiling list upon list of unnatural phenomena, This could easily all be fake, but could also easily be real. There is also a downloadable game based on one of these called SCP – 087 where you descend a long staircase, Nobody has ever reached the bottom.
And thats all I can think of, I apologise for only 3 sites but trust me, they are good enough!