It’s a Horror to Know You: Kelly of A Moment A Love A Dream A Laugh!
1. What is the first film that ever scared you?
Definitely a tie between Poltergeist and Jaws. The scene in Poltergeist where the mans face starts falling off in front of the mirror and into the sink. Made me sick when I was younger, I’d never seen any sort of blood in a movie before. The clown and the tree scene were also traumatic. I never actually saw Jaws in its entirety I would just take a sneak peak, afraid something would scare me. I used to think Jaws would be in the swimming pool (irrational) or the toilet (just plain crazy). My mom used to hum the theme and I would start freaking out.
2. What is the last film that scared you?
Probably the first half of Insidious, I didn’t care for the second half. But the first was a good old fashioned haunted housed movie. A scary one at that! The creature pointing over the bed, the tiny tim music! UGH.
3. Name three Horror movies that you believe are underrated.
1.Alice, Sweet Alice- A great horror film, with a lot of great scenes and a semi-interesting twist! I really have a soft spot for this movie. Wish it got more love.
2. May- I really enjoyed this movie and thought it was great. Creepy and demented to be sure. Has a-bit of a cult following though, so not sure how underrated.
3. The Woods- A lot of people hate this movie so maybe this should be in “movies I enjoy against my better judgement” list. But I genuinely liked it. People said they didn’t find it scary but it honestly creep-ed me out. The perfect use of “You Don’t Own Me” sends shivers down my spine. It’s all good until the end.
4. Name three horror movies that you enjoy against your better judgment.
1. Campfire Tales- I found this to be a fun and interesting take on Urban Legends trilogy. There are some genuinely fun times to be had with this movie. Sure it isn’t scary, but it doesn’t need to be.
2. Freddy Vs Jason- I thought this movie was pretty much all it needed to be. I enjoyed the slapstick humor and ridiculousness of it all.
3. The Grudge- This movie genuinely frightens me, maybe I just have an aversion to long black haired ghosts. But I think about that hand scene every-time I’m in the shower. I thought this was an effective remake. Forget the sequels though.
5. Send us to five places on the Internet!
IMDb (I really enjoy the use of lists on this site)
Think Geek (Are you A geek? Shop here!)
aghosthouseproduction (rare horror dvds for sale)
The Haunted Closet (a great blog with vintage books and reviews)
Long-Forgotten (Think you know everything about Disney’s famous attraction Haunted Mansion? Read detailed essays here)