It’s a Horror to Know You: Chloe of Old Horrors Renewed!
1. What is the first film that ever scared you?
It must have been The Little Mermaid. Ursula terrified me from the moment I saw her and I spent most of the film cowering behind my grandmother’s sofa.
2. What is the last film that scared you?
The Innkeepers! The ending had me pausing the film so I could breath.
3. Name three Horror movies that you believe are underrated.
1. Sauna. I don’t know if it was the film’s small distribution and it just slipped under everyone’s radars, but I’d love to more people to see it and discuss it.
2. Blood Creek. Joel Schumacher has a bad reputation from the Batman films, but I found it was scary, crazy and interesting.
3. The Mothman Prophecies. Not too sure if you could say this was a true horror film, but Indrid Cold’s pretty damn creepy.
4. Name three horror movies that you enjoy against your better judgment.
1. 13 Ghosts, because it’s just fun.
2. In The Mouth Of Madness, which suffers from having a lot of good ideas and Sam Neill but not forming a structure with them.
3. End Of Days, for Gabriel Bryne playing the Devil.
5. Send us to five places on the Internet!
1. Folk Horror – one of my favourite niche genres.
2. Junta Juliel’s Culture Shock – Sean Gill’s reviews are well-written and passionate.
3. I’m Into Survival – This is the horror movie blog of A Softer World writer Joey Comeau.
4. A Podcast To The Curious – A couple of guys discussing the ghost stories of M R James. They’re always funny and thought-provoking.
5. Stale Popcorn – I’ve always found Glenn’s Scream By Scream series interesting and fun.