- “Love hurts” Zombie may never live it down but it’s a counterintuitive choice that genuinely lingers
- Bully gets his comeuppance in the woods. If you say you didn’t enjoy this scene as much as I did you are a liar
- Tiny Mike in giant mask
- Lil’ Mike takes care of the nurse followed by an ear maddening siren blare
- Many people THINK about blowing their brains out when watching home movies. Mommy Moon doesn’t just think about it, she DOES it!
Entries from October 2007
October 31st, 2007 · 5 Comments
Tags: Tykes in Trouble
October 30th, 2007 · 1 Comment
Here’s some groovy costume ideas. While you’re perusing them, try to figure out which respective movies they appeared in! Warning: If you get all of them right it means you are insane! Answers can be found in the comments section. Good Luck, chuckleheads! (more…)
October 29th, 2007 · No Comments
The first time I saw HALLOWEEN it was on television and I was babysitting two kids at the time! Of course I immediately identified and was moved by Laurie’s sense of responsibility towards the kids in her care. I’ve probably watched it once a year ever since. It wasn’t until later in life that I realized that I related to her for another reason altogether. I grew up in a very abusive household. Running around the halls of a suburban house screaming for my life was like second nature to me. The scene that I love the most is when Laurie is in class and her teacher is talking about how fate is an unmovable object. Laurie has no idea what fate has in store for her that Halloween night; that she is going to have to transform herself to survive. She was and is a hero of mine because she grabbed that knitting needle, because she grabbed that clothes hanger, because she became someone she never knew she was.
October 28th, 2007 · 2 Comments
- Jim & Will’s shared spider nightmare
- PAM GRIER as the saucy soothsayer with the glowing eyes
- The creepy ginger-haired kid who breaks the window with a rock
- The meltdown of merry-go-round time machine
- Mr. Dark’s “Have You Seen These Boys?” hand-inked jobs
Tags: Tykes in Trouble
October 28th, 2007 · 1 Comment
POLTERGEIST, 1982, had to be the scariest movie ever. I remember watching the movie with my 4 brothers. I was 7-years-old at the time. For me, there are a countless number of things in that movie which just scare the living crap out of me even to this day. One scene in particular that I will never forget is when little Robbie Freeling (played by OLIVER ROBBINS) was attacked by his toy clown. I sat watching the scene with my hands over my eyes. When I was brave enough to spread my fingers for a quick moment or two, I caught glimpses of the epic battle of boy vs. his clown. Glimpses were all I needed to firmly cement my fear of clowns. To add to the trauma, my brothers told me that my Strawberry Shortcake dolls were going to attack me … just like the clown attacked little Robbie. I went to bed that night with my Strawberry Shortcake dolls stuffed away in the closet and my Father lying on the floor in between myself and the closest. I wouldn’t go to bed without him there. “But what if my Strawberry Shortcake dolls attack me?” I cried. As I drifted off to sleep that night secure in the knowledge that my Father was there to protect me should my Strawberry Shortcake dolls decide to attack, he laid on the floor chain smoking Marlboros, cursing my brothers, and counting the minutes until dawn.
October 28th, 2007 · 5 Comments
- Rikki stomps sand snake Karait
- Nag’s late night siege of the bathroom
- Terror in the gazebo
- The Rickster uses Nagaina’s egg as bait
October 27th, 2007 · 4 Comments
- Blade under bathroom door
- He can work doorknobs!
- Lil’ Zuni doll cutting through suitcase
- BLACK squatting on the floor pounding her blade in anticipation of mom’s arrival
- BLACK‘s new dental work
October 25th, 2007 · 8 Comments
- The disembodied voices intoning, “Sally… Sally…Sally, we’re waiting for you”
- Sally’s tug-of-war at the top stairs with the demons after her decorator takes a tumble
- Sally’s futile attempt at fending off the demons with an Instamatic as they drag her towards the fireplace
October 25th, 2007 · 1 Comment
Tags: Kids Who Kill
October 25th, 2007 · 2 Comments
The Child Catcher from CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG… he was my personal childhood nightmare.