Hey, I put a mini questionnaire together that I'm hoping that many of you will take part in. That's the title up there "It's a Horror to Know You." To provide an example I will now fill out the inaugural questionnaire myself (cracks knuckles)…
It's a Horror to Know You: Unkle Lancifer of Kindertrauma!
(I know, you're already here but if someone else filled this out than this is where I'd link to their blog or website. If their name was Bianca Butters and they just wrote a book called Hell Flea, then it would say; It's a Horror to Know You: Bianca Butters author of Hell Flea! And I'd link to the official Hell Flea page.)
1. What is the first film that ever scared you?
My first experience with real terror was thanks to the T.V. movie "Satan's Triangle." I also distinctly recall being freaked out by Marjoe Gortner in "Earthquake" and catching a few too many moments of "The Omen" on cable while at a friend's house.
2. What is the last film that scared you?
"Martyrs" threw me for a loop, the ending of "Eden Lake" felt like a pile of cinder blocks falling on my head and the opening credits of "Irreversible" made me want to run out of the movie theater before the film even started.
(Those questions could have been answered with singular movie titles but I'm feeling gabby.)
3. Name three Horror movies that you believe are underrated.
1. "Blood and Lace" (1971) I say all slasher movies owe this one a beer!
2. "Brotherhood of Satan" (1971) Hokey but brilliant with a super eerie vibe.
3. Dear Dead Delilah (1972) So unique, atmospheric and ahead of its time gore-happy!
Honorable mention: "The Perfume of the Lady in Black" (1974). Oh, and "Pin" (1988)! "Pin" is so great and I should remember to say so more often.
(Notice how I threw in "honorable mentions" to squeeze in extra picks? Another great trick if you want to do that is to declare a tie between two movies!)
4. Name three horror movies that you enjoy against your better judgment.
(We're talking about guilty pleasures here but I refuse to use that term because you should never feel guilty about enjoying a movie.)
1. "Cathy's Curse" (1977) Because it hurts my head and is a fascinating mess.
2. "Shriek of the Mutilated" I'm sort of in love with the monster.
3. "Black Christmas" (remake) I have a thing for Christmas horror movies and this one rises further up my favorites list with each passing year. I never said I was deep.
5. Send us to five places on the Internet! (Include the URLs!)
1. Fascination With Fear. Where the quietest and loudest horrors collide!
2. Too Much Horror Fiction. I can look at horror paperback covers all day.
3. Freddy in Space. Unmatched horror enthusiasm by the truckload.
4. Horror Digest. Andre sees with fresh eyes and never fails to crack me up.
5. Dinner with Max Jenke. Because Jeff Allard rules.
So that's it! That was simple! Hopefully we've learned a little about this person (who is in this case, me), have gained a few movie titles that we might investigate further and have some websites to explore. Nothing wrong with all that! If you'd like to play along you don't have to have a blog or anything to pimp, you can just answer these questions and we'll post your responses. If you do have something to promote just remember to tell us about it!
Also, if you should get tagged in that last question, please don't feel you have to play along if you don't want to. This is just about gathering info from those who want to participate. All those who are game just answer the five questions and send the results to Kindertrauma@gmail.com. I promise it will be borderline fun if you do and remember, it's a horror to know you too!
NOTE: The questions sans answers are in the comments section for easy copying!