Aaron Spelling produced this fondly remembered 1982 supernatural outing that stared Dennis Weaver, Valerie Harper and the legendary Ruth Gordon. A family moves into a new house in an effort to start anew after the tragic death of their eldest daughter. Soon middle child Mary is in full contact with her dead sister and willing to do her bidding which includes the systematic annihilation of her entire family. Is Mary insane? Schizophrenic? Possessed? Or is the ghost of her sister the real deal? Highly engrossing, admittedly campy, indisputably creepy, and nearly impossible to shake.
- Gordon’s death by lizard
- the “artsy” smashing watermelon cut
- The ominous pizza cutter rolling up the bannister
- Mary tying Jen’s shoes together in the car
- Any scene of Mary in a straitjacket
- Big sister Jennifer’s horrifically uncanny Cheshire cat grin in the film’s finale