It’s a horror to know you: Apocalypsejunkie!
1. What is the first film that ever scared you?
Actually it was a movie trailer I saw on television for The Shining, when Torrance is chasing Danny through the maze with an ax. Something about that really got into my head and since I was too young at the time to go see the movie, my imagination ran wild with that scene.
2. What is the last film that scared you?
The Last Exorcism, those last ten minutes were so off the rails and unexpected, I just sat there with my jaw agape thinking,” WTF just happened here? What did I just see?”.
3. Name three Horror movies that you believe are underrated.
1.Event Horizon: the thought that the ship was…. somewhere else for all those years and brought something back with it, creeps me out to no end.
2. Wolfen: People thought it was ridiculous at the time, wolf creatures in New York City undetected? PFAH! Yeah, how many Coyotes have been spotted recently? Exactly!
3.In the Mouth of Madness: I always think this is a Clive Barker film, it has that other worldly/dimension vibe to it. When the two eventually collide, and how do they ever, it is pure madness! “How do you like the book?’. WHACK! I must have something for Sam Neil…
4. Name three horror movies that you enjoy against your better judgment.
1. Tombs of the Blind Dead: Even Elvira made fun of this one, but there really is something horrifying about mummified knights riding silently and in slow motion across the Spanish countryside, brandishing swords ready to lob your head off.
2. City of the Living Dead: All of Fulci’s films are disjointed messes when you get right down to it, but nobody does atmosphere quite like him and this one is no exception. Each scene stands on its own, like a vignette of nightmares.
3.Poultrygeist:Night of the Chicken Dead: So gross, so stupid, so finger licking funny!
5. Send us to five places on the Internet!
Sorry, I’m lazy and use your suggestions for this one most of the time.