It’s a horror to now you: Tom Steeber!
1. What is the first film that ever scared you?
There were a number of films I saw early on that gave me the heebie-jeebies or had short lived scares but the one that stands out is the classic Kubrick film, The Shining. I saw it when I was thirteen and it scared me so badly that I actually started to cry. Naturally now I consider it the masterpiece that so many others do.
2. What is the last film that scared you?
This would be the made for TV movie, Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County. Even knowing it was fake, it never the less scared me like no other movie had before or since.
3. Name three Horror movies that you believe are underrated.
1. J.T. Petty’s Soft For Digging. It’s a pot boiler that many consider boring. I find it fascinating and extremely eerie. And the fact that he was able to make it on a $6000 budget and get it accepted in Sundance is an inspiration to me as a fellow filmmaker.
2. Hukkle, from Hungarian director, Gyorgi Palfi. Not many people I’ve talked to have seen this. It appears as a series of unrelated events that evntually lead up to a disturbing conclusion.
3. Home Movie. This is probably my favorite of the “evil children” sub genre. What starts out as a normal home movie of an upstate New York family, becomes total nightmare fuel as we see just how demented the kids in the family are.
4. Name three horror movies that you enjoy against your better judgment.
1. 8MM. Nicholas Cage. End of story.
2. The Devil’s Gift. Stupid, stupid, stupid movie about a killer toy cymbal monkey. I like it simply because I collect the ugly bastards.
3. They. The one about the aliens made in the 1970’s. Completely terrible movie in which you never see any aliens even though there is this huge invasion.
5. Send us to five places on the Internet!
1. The Hustle. Home of The Hustle. A friend’s comedy podcast.
2. UFO Phil. The personal webpage of alien abductee and songwriter, UFO Phil. I was in his movie.
3. Cinema Head Cheese. A horror movie review site.
4.Paleofuture. Pokes fun at the predictions of the future written in the past.
5. Listverse. A new top ten list every day.