I hope you can help.
I am looking for a movie I saw late-night on T.V. as a child. This would have been in the mid-to-late-’70s.
The details are very sketchy, but here are the key points I remember, and I may be mixing up the details because the memory is SO vague:
- There may have been some kind of invisible monster.
- There were soldiers/warriors/combat-group type of people on some kind of quest.
- There was a villain that had his heart separated from his body, up in some kind of tower or something.
- At one point, the heart falls out a window or something after someone throws it deliberately or it falls accidentally or something, and there’s this horrible shot where the heart lands with a hard PLOP on the ground.
- There’s some kind of path through misty swamp/caverns/something where taking one step off the path will do something horrible to you, like turn you into a caveman or kill you instantly or send you back through time or something.
- The bad guy, if I recall, resembled Genghis Khan or something, a Hun-type person, if I recall.
This piece of, uh, fiction, terrified me as a little girl. The atmosphere of it was literally so spooky I couldn’t sleep. At all. For three days.
Help, KINDERTRAUMA, YOU’RE MY ONLY HOPE!
— Becca V.
UPDATE: NAME THAT THAT TRAUMA SOLVED! Special thanks to reader Logan for naming it with THE THIEF OF BAGHDAD. I think it’s best if you read what Becca had to say via email.