- The opening sequence with the kids tormenting and killing Robin is a must-see. The repeated intonations of, “The Killer is Coming… The Killer is Coming,” is downright creepy
- Jude’s death in the back of her date’s super-awesome raper van
- The protracted chase scene of super-bitch Wendy by the mysterious killer
- The disco floor, complete with sunken lighting, in the Hamilton High auditorium
- JAMIE LEE’s show-stopping dance routine, with obligatory close-up as her partner Nick twirls her like a pizza
- The decapitated head tumbling down the prom catwalk
- The prom’s signature song:
Dude, this remake is going to kick so much ass!! I cant wait! OPENING NIGHT!!!
Dude, who do I have to blow to get into an advance screening? I can’t wait until opening night…
The above comments made me throw up in my mouth. That is until Aunt John explained that they were sarcastic in nature. The new PROM NIGHT looks like crap. Apparently they just hijacked the title and the rest of movie is “original”. How dare they jettison one of the best openings for a slasher film ever? How dare they get rid of the matching black and white turtlenecks? Now there will never be a proper remake of PROM NIGHT in my life time…what a waste! It could have been great, they should have stuck to the original script, had it take place in 1980 and used the same soundtrack, now that I’d go see!
HA! Whatever Unkie Lancifer, this movie is gonna be great! No stopping it!!! Im first in line! NO ME! NOOOO ME!
If Britney Snow wears a black and white striped turtleneck over her prom dress I may reconsider my stance. Otherwise I’ll spend this PROM NIGHT like I did my own, playing Yahtzee alone.
Screw all y’alls: I’m chartering a private plane and jetting off to Australia to see PROM NIGHT when it debuts one day earlier on April 10, so I will definitely be the first to see it. Definitely.
If I had the means and money I would totally remake PROM NIGHT! Yes, I know someone supposedly re-made it but they screwed up from what I hear.
In my honest opinion the only changes PROM NIGHT needs are to get rid of the Red Herring subplot about a child molester and to re-tune the horrible generic Disco. Had they actually sprung for songs by THE BEE-GEES, GLORIA GAYNOR and KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND PROM NIGHT wouldn’t even NEED a remake! All those bands are “back in fashion”!
A couple of other fun moments: Kelly’s death, with the blood running down her neck dissolving into a shot above the punch bowl (neato!); Lou’s “spectacular” dance moves, then turning around to find out that Wendy walked off of the dancefloor!